Wednesday, March 09, 2005

What to do when you are officially unemployed

Speak to work people every day even though you are no longer getting paid.

No, seriousy, I've been so productive today I actually feel like I have a job. My job is called MOVING ACROSS THE COUNTRY.

I woke up at 7:30, finished the proposal for Mary, then proceeded to get many of my moving details out of the way so I can rest assured I will have water and electricity upon my arrival at 10835 La Grange. I spoke to my aunt, who may end up taking/buying my furniture for Grant, arranged to borrow my cousin's digital camera to photograph the rest of my stuff for selling, got the money from Doug for my futon, and arranged all the details for wrapping up my utilities on this end. All well before noon! I even invited all of my friends to a tag sale on Sunday so I can get rid of some of the crap that no stranger would want to buy (towels, books, etc.) but shouldn't really go to waste. So now, the next things for me to do are actually take the photos, post online, sell some stuff, and start packing. I will start the actual packing on Monday. Everything up until then will be considered "cleaning". I also need to book the rent a car - will do that by end of week.

It was great being home, kind of strange. My mom is so sad, which makes me feel bad for making her so sad, but I know she is also proud of me and knows it is what I have to do. She got some of her friends from Curves together on Monday night to throw me a little bon voyage party for me, even though they had never actually met me. I thought that was great. They obviously like her very much. My mom is so funny - she makes friends at the drop of a hat, no matter where she goes. It was the most motley crew you'd ever see, but everyone was hysterical and brought something to the table.

My dad threw me a party with all of the family on his side, which was great. Ever since he and Suanne bought their house back probably 15 years ago, I had been hoping they would have the family over. It always seems we go elsewhere, yet never are the hosts. So we had about 10 people - Gram and Papa, Sandra and Karl, Barb and Tim, Norm, and us. They had asked everyone in advance to send old and current photos, so I would not forget them; the photos were compiled into two albums that are absolutely hysterical. I have a million pictures from my mom's family, but so few from my dad's so these were extremely well received and much appreciated.

I got the interview with the NYC office of H&S for next week, so I am very excited about that. That is Wed; I am in Chicago on Tues so I guess I will have to prepare on Monday. OMG. I can't keep up with myself!

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home