Friday, March 04, 2005

My last day at Romper Room

How sweet it is.

I never thought this day would come. But it has. I sent my goodbye email this AM to my professional contacts and have received many complimentary wishes in return. It's almost like being at my own funeral and hearing all the nice things people say about you only when it's too late. Fortunately, I am not dead, only moving, and people still say nice things. Whew.

I have set up a second interview at SNL for when I get out there. I am also hoping to have a meeting at the NYC office of H&S before I leave, which could be GREAT. Or not, who knows. But I feel confident I will have enough going on to sustain me, and now I should just concentrate on enjoying my time off. Unfortunately, I think I have already started enjoying it a little too much - I have been out just about every night this week. They say the body is something like 90% water; mine has to be at least 50% alcohol. But I love it because I love my friends and I am meant to socialize. The problem is that I am also meant to go to the gym, and that hasn't fit into the equation. Thank goodness I will gain some free time after today or else I will no longer fit into anything.

Things I will miss about work:
1. Veronika
2. Au Bon Gout
3. Free clothes

Yeah, that's about it. I could do a sarcastic list, but no need. I'd rather be positive and just forget the whole thing.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home