Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Yay - interviews

Some people have no respect for horoscopes, but I gotta say, mine is right on this month.

Yesterday Yahoo astrology (which is accurate more often than not) said that a problem I was having would soon unravel itself and work itself out. Sure enough, last night, Full Picture finally called me, and even though I don't know that the position they have open is right for me, it's a start. Then, today, in between 5:30 and 6, I got THREE (3) calls in a row from THREE (3) different jobs I had applied for in LA. I think the earth must have spun off it's axis for that half hour.

The first was from one company, which wouldn't tell me what the position was or what accounts I would be working on, but wanted me to come in. I asked if we could start with a phoner - she's getting back to me. It was the assistant to the pres and she sounded kind of clueless. All I know is that it is outdoors PR - which could be something cool like surfing or snowboarding, or something scary like fish or wildlife. The next call was the best - GolinHarris. I hade heard they'd had openings, and that recruiter had given me props - and here they were. I did a 20 minute phone convo with the SVP in the consumer marketing group - who I loved and seemed to be really interested in me. They have mainly consumer product accounts, but she would like someone with fashion and beauty experience. She wants me to come out, and gave me some dates. So I am going to see if I can do it the day after President's Day, the 22nd, b/c I know that will also work for that other firm, the small fashion firm. The potential downsides of GH - it seems very large and corporate; also, they are in downtown LA which is kind of far - was hoping to avoid a terrible commute, but I'm not in a position to be picky right now. So now that I have this window, I am going to circle back with Full Picture tomorrow, and see if the 22nd will work for them too. The third and final call was in response to something I applied to off of Monster, and from the VM and EM they sent me, I have no idea what the position is. They want me to dial into a conference call at 9:30 tonight to learn more. Something about independant reps to manage an office, do sales, training and more for a health and wellness company? Sounds kind of cultish to me. I keep saying that I am not going to bother calling, but we'll see how bored I get in 15 minutes.

I re-read my Susan Miller right before the gym tonight, and I quote: "This month, planet earth will be in perfect sync with you, dear Gemini." (Then again, she also tells me how romantic this month is and how great my Valentines day will be - and it is so not. I've had a pit in my stomach ever since finding out about Brendan, and with 5 days and counting til v-day, I have a better chance of slitting my wrists than I do of getting a date. Okay, that's not true. I have a better chance of slitting my wrists than ACCEPTING a date at this late hour and having a romantic Valentines day. I do have plans that night - just the plans are with my girlfriends. Meanwhile, I got a random email today from one of my new LA boyfriends who I met at the Hello Kitty party and stayed in touch with, who was throwing a pre-valentines mixer this Saturday for people to meet and have dates. Obviously I will not be in town yet, but I felt loved. Though I digress.) Susan had plenty to say about career days and long distance travel, so I guess I have to settle for two out of three. Ain't bad. Not like I have a choice in the matter.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home