Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sunday, dreary Sunday

I woke up at the crack of ass this morning. Actually took a 9:30 class at the gym! It kicked my butt, too. Then I came home, drank my coffee, read two papers, talked to my mom, went food shopping, and now, at 2:20 PM, I have NOTHING to do. Oh, and I just spent an hour job-searching online. Not much there. I don't think my dream job is being posted on Monster or Craig's List, but just in case, I can't neglect them.

I brought home some work to do, but just don't want to do it. It's too pathetic to do on a Sunday afternoon, especially as I don't view this week as being a busy one and so not really necessary. I'd like to go for a walk. It's in the 30's today, so relatively warm. Problem is, I hate walking the streets of New York. Hate looking at the dirty snow against the gray sky, passing jappy girls and happy couples, navigating dirty narrow sidewalks littered with Saturday night's trash, and sidestepping someone's dog's crap that they were too lazy/blind/stupid to pick up. THIS is why I am moving. When I would rather sit alone in my apartment at the computer than go outside and bear the city of New York.

I wasn't always like this. I remember when I used to go to the gym in the morning to lift or take a class, and run outside in the afternoons. I used to have names for the 6+ mile walks I'd initiate - urban hikes. I used to bundle up and run or walk along the river or in the park - just for fresh air or precisely to look at the people who might populate this new scenery. Or I'd at least decide to go shopping, and make an adventure out of the hike there. As much as I could use some new clothes, I hate the people who shop on Sundays - rich lazy people with nothing better to do. Plus, I am saving money, as well as trying to cut down on the number of items I actually bring to LA with me. And I certainly don't feel like walking to my favorite stores and looking at the people along the way. Apple needs to make an iPod for the eyes; it's done wonders for blocking the negative noise from my consciousness.

Isn't this terrible? I sound so negative and depressed. But I'm actually quite the opposite. In a pretty good mood today. I suppose I could go to the gym and walk on the treadmill for an hour - kind of an "indoor urban hike" - but is that even more pathetic? I also have good books to read, and I could start on my album projects for my friends. On that note, I do have friends, and I could call some of them, but, as my mom said to me on the phone this morning, I just can even be bothered to shower and wash my hair! LA - please save me from myself!

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home