Thursday, July 24, 2008

Who am I gonna call? Reason 458 why I could use a boyfriend

I haven't been sleeping.

When I went out on Friday night, I somehow found myself in the middle of a discussion on ghosts, with two people who have seen them throughout their lives. And when I say I "found myself in the middle" of it, of course I mean I started the discussion. Because that's what I do.

Anyway, since that night, I have been too scared to fall asleep in my bedroom, so I've been sleeping in my living room in front of the TV. I've also started taking Tylenol PM's to help me relax enough to unclench every nervous muscle, and that has been helping, but I'm still waking up a million times to various infomercials and laugh tracks and sometimes, silence. Worried that now that I have had this discussion, out loud, I've invited their ghosts into my life or have suddenly become more enlightened to what was maybe hanging out here anyway.

Nothing has happened, of course, except my purse randomly falling off the table, and some weird things with my TV. But the whole thing just makes me more excited to go away this weekend and share a hotel room with a few other girls, so maybe I can sleep in a bed with the lights off like a normal 32 year old woman. Because right now I feel anything but normal.

It's my friend Laura' bachelorette weekend, and we're headed up to Santa Ynez, which will be my fourth trip up there in less than three years. There are 15 of us, which should make for some interesting group dynamics, but I'm really looking forward to spending time with her and away from my own neuroses for a while.



7 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Caitlin said...

Hi again! I've been loving your recent posts about all things spiritual and woowoo. Woowoo is my specialty! :) As for ghosts: like sharks and spiders, they've been the subject of a few too many horror flicks and now have a bad rap. I'm sure there are many perfectly nice ghosts, i.e. your ancestors, who may just want to check in on you. And I would imagine that if you really don't like them hanging around, you can just ask them clearly to leave you alone and they will. All of this, I say with a perfectly straight face!! Truly. I believe.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Go Nicole Yourself said...

I tend to be with Caitlin on the idea of ghosts, but with that said.... if you still can't sleep when you get back from this weekend, you'll come sleep over here.

PS - I called earlier but didn't leave a message. I was at CBS and saw Jack Wagner - my first thought was, "lori is gonna sh*t!!!"

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Diana said...

No I see Lori's POV on this one....lori we've discussed. I appreciate there might be nice ghosts- but I just don't want any at all ever visiting.
Meanwhile we were up half the night cause of baby, peeing through diaper issues, and the multitude of animals that like to visit our "grounds" in the dark of the night.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Tiny E said...

I always think that watching those paranormal shows on the SciFi channel 'allows' ghosts into my home. Fortunately, I watch them all the time and no ghosts.

(Of cours, I kind of feel like that last sentence was a challenge to the spirits to show up but it wasn't. I promise!)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I'm not sure where I stand on ghosts but I do know that if you burn sage throughout your place while keeping the windows open and thinking good thoughts it's supposed to get the ghosts to leave. How do I know this? Because I witnessed someone doing this 3 weeks ago! It was totally weird (and FG had to control himself from cracking up) but the person's been feeling like the spirits have left her home ever since. :)

Have fun at the bachelorette weekend. I'm excited to hear about it.

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After we saw the movie "Scream" (or, possibly, "Scream 2"), my friend Sharyn and I had to look in all of her closets and under all the beds to make sure there were no serial killers in her apartment.

For both of our sakes.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you like, I could dig out my old "Ghostbusters" costume from Halloween 1984, sit on your couch, proton pack in hand, protecting you from the ghosts.

Trust me, they'd be too busy laughing to bother you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home