Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New York City Blues

Things I miss about New York:
- The 59th Street Bloomingdales
- Being warm enough at night to go out without a jacket

Things I don't miss about New York:
- Everything else

Yeah. I'm about half way through my trip here, and while it has been great seeing my friends, I'm so over the city. For a change. I will say, though, because I have turned into a much more positive person since I moved away from this septic tank three years ago, that I do like being away on business in a city I know so well and can navigate through so easily. I can't imagine if my job sent me on regular gigs to say, Dayton, or Dallas, where I'd know not a soul and need a car just to get around. Here, I may dirty my own soles but at least I have the knowledge and ability to do so.

The trip started off on a good note, with a familiar celebrity sighting at JFK: Daniel Cosgrove (probably best known in my circle as Kelly Taylor's lawyer boyfriend in the later seasons of 90210, but he's been in a ton of other things). The reason it was familiar is because when I lived on 44th street, he lived and worked in the same neighborhood, and my roommate and I would see him all the time. Even before I realized it was him at the airport, I looked up, mouth gaping as he walked through the terminal, as he is truly one of the best looking men I have ever seen in person in my life. Seriously. Naturally he was with his wife and fam.

And, of course the trip should end on a good note, as Friday I can head out of the city up north to Tarrytown, for my friend's wedding. Photos and stories to come, I'm sure...

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Go Nicole Yourself said...

Since you aren't missing NYC, then come home. Okay? Thanks.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things I miss about New York include, family, friends, women, the country club, infrastructure, rain, the pace, the accent, Syracuse etc.

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things I miss about LA: my apartment, ability to go down to USC campus w/o a 4 hour drive/50 min flight.

Things I don't miss about LA: Everything else.

Why I typed that? because I too have become a much more positive person since moving... from LA.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I wonder how I'd feel about leaving here. I am so used to being in New York that I can't imagine being somewhere else but I could see why you love the West Coast so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home