Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Random Tuesday Goodness

I seriously have not been this busy, work-wise, in months. I'm actually pretty busy socially, too, but that seems to ebb and flow. Work, for the most part, is pretty tame, but suddenly I'm doing Power Points at 10 PM and don't see it ending til at least October. That, of course, is a good thing.

Remember last month when I said I had something planned every weekend in June? I can already say the same about July - and it's only the first day! Can someone please slow down the calendar, just for a minute? Or maybe a year?

Highlights of and funny stories from the wedding:

- Setting off the fire alarm in the bridal suite. Kris and I were getting makeup done, Maria and Sabrina were running around. Suddenly, the alarm goes off at full volume, throwing us all into a panic. What do I do in a panic? Well, grab my camera, of course. Must. Capture. Memories!

Fortunately, Maria was a quicker thinker than I, and raced into the bedroom to cover Kristin's dress, which was sure to be doused by the sprinkler system if this kept up. Just as we finally resigned ourselves to maybe stepping outside, the phone rang.

It turned out, the problem was coming from inside our suite: Sabrina left the steamer on, facing due north directly into the fire alarm. Only the Tarrytown Fire Marshall could turn the alarm off, so we sat, getting ready, under the shrill piercing for another 20 minutes. Fortunately, there were no sprinklers.

- I mentioned the weather? The wedding was set to start, outdoors, at 6:30. At 6:15, it started raining, and the crew transported the entire set-up - 10 foot flower arrangements, seating for 100 and all - inside. The wedding started maybe only 10 minutes late. And five of those minutes were because the Maid of Honor couldn't find her flowers. The wedding was held at Castle on the Hudson, and while I'm sure an outdoor ceremony would have been nice, I really preferred the old Medieval architecture and the sacred feel of the banquet hall.

- While dancing with one of Kristin's friends who I dated once or twice in New York, I was told that I had this happy glow about myself he didn't remember. "You just look so, so... radiant," he said, "so different from when I knew you." "I'm happy now," I replied. And I am.

Labels:



3 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are happy and glowing because you moved from your cesspool of NY to LA.

I am happy and glowing because I moved from my cesspool of LA to LV.

:) WE ROCK!

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've had that glow since I met you! Can't imagine you any other way! You're so not surly.

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A girl who is as happy as you should catch the bouquet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home