Thursday, June 05, 2008

No money, but Vegas, baby

I have been so apathetic with writing lately. I just can't find anything new to say.

The news now is that I am heading to Las Vegas tomorrow, for my one of my dearest friends Kristin's bachelorette party. Normally I'd tell you about the first time I went to Vegas, but I've already done that. So, naturally, I'd want to bring up the last time I went to Vegas, but I've already done that, too.

I'm hoping this trip will fall somewhere in the middle of both visits, a happy medium between staying out til 5 AM and getting eight hours of sleep. Ideally, I'd have no problem staying out til 5 AM this time around, but my 32 year old body might beg to differ. It took until Wednesday of this week until I finally felt rejuvenated from my birthday party - on Saturday - and I didn't even drink that much! I've decided that four-day hangovers are nature's way of telling me I'm too old to be consuming alcohol as one of the four major food groups.

But I also know I am going to have a lot of fun this weekend, because I'll be with two of my best friends, and also a group of other girls that I know are really cool and fun and low on drama. I am a bit worried because Maria has had a stomach virus all week - so bad that she was at the hospital on Saturday and on a diet of Popsicles since (damn her looking better than me in a bikini!) - and even if she doesn't cancel tomorrow, she's going to be at half-mast all weekend. I was really looking forward to the QT with my girls, and now, it's just going to be a little bit different. But I am excited to go out, dress up, do it up with flashing penis veils and Thunder From Down Under, partying the way only these friends and I can.

I feel like I have gotten into a bit of a rut here in LA - there's always the driving thing, and then there was the dating thing, and then there's the fact that somehow, most of my girlfriends here seemed to have gotten boyfriends - and I look back and I can't remember the last time I actually got dressed up and felt cute and flirted and had fun. I mean, aside from last weekend. I need this weekend to feel a bit more like myself, or at least the person I used to be.

I'll post pictures on Sunday of what that person looks like, assuming they let her pass through security.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a FANTASTIC TIME!!!!

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"a bit of a run here in LA" - I know exactly how you feel some days. Even worse, some days, no matter how hard I try to break from the rut, I seem stuck.

Have fun in Vegas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home