Thursday, May 29, 2008

Casualties of the birthday diet

When I got on the treadmill tonight, my stomach sank realizing it would likely be the last time I'd be typing "31" into the age prompt. Then I ran for an hour - hard - and thought, Fuck it. I still got it.

I don't actually turn 32 until Monday, but tomorrow night I have plans after work to see the Sex and the City movie (why, yes, I am a total cliche, thank you); Saturday I will be preparing for my party all day; and Sunday, well, I'll likely be recovering.

Clearly, I have a lot on the brain. Do you know that for weeks, I've been mistakenly telling people that my birthday falls on Tuesday this year? Not Monday, Tuesday. Only today did I realize my mistake. Oops. If you are thinking of getting me a gift, you know what I could use? A better calendar.



6 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I feel you. The first time I got on the treadmill after my bday last month and put in 39 I was all HOLY F*&^, it seems like yesterday I was punching in 27.

Happy last days of 31!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Keith said...

I told everyone tomorrow was the 31st of May for some reason.

Happy impending birthday! Looking forward to the celebration... :)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger AmyB said...

I'm not too far behind you, lady (I turn 32 on July 21st)!! The good news is that we really are only as old as we feel...and look. And sweets? You look about 25, so OWN IT! :o)

Hope you have an amazing birthday weekend! And have fun seeing the movie tonight! I'll be a cliche' right along with you: I've already bought my tickets. YAY!!!!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is something to be said for age, its gift is wisdom.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Tiny E said...

Have a fantastic time tonight!

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I feel like "the old guy on the blog" 'round here. Heh. :)

Happy Pre-Birthday. Hope your party tonight is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home