Monday, May 26, 2008

Random Weekend Goodness

Happy Memorial Day weekend, everybody!

I was a bit worried about this weekend. Most of my friends were out of town, and while I always crave quiet time, I was pretty sure that by Sunday, I'd be tired of the voices in my head and ready - in fact, eager - to go back to work to talk to someone, anyone who might talk back. But how wrong I was! It's 8:30 on Monday night and I still feel like I could use another day off.

What did I do? Well, for starters, a lot of shopping.

The first thing on my list was a new iPod, as I've been using the same iPod for nearly four years now. I purchased the (now seemingly) giant 20G back in the summer of 2004; since I really only use it for working out, it's held up fine, and I never even really noticed that it was outdated until about 6 months ago when I went to buy a new clip/armband for the gym, and discovered they don't even make skins for the original version anymore. Then I got really self-conscious that I was carrying around some archaic version of like, a Sony Walkman, and figured I could cough up the buck fifty to get a nano and live in the 21st century.

And, OMG, it's so teeny.



And light. And thin. And sexy. Looking at the old one, I can't help but feel like I've been carrying around the personal stereo version of the Nokia brick phone, circa 1998. I had one of those, too. In 2001. Calling Zach Morris... Let's just say I don't spend too much money or attention on technology.

What I do seem to spend money on are clothes. I picked up a few new dresses this weekend. Both in black and white.



You know, to go with the 12 black and white dresses I already had in my closet.



But I swear - they are all different!

As I was cleaning out my closet to photograph those (why, yes, I was doing a photoshoot in my closet. For my blog.), I realized that I also own six pairs of gray pants.



Again, they are all different.

Lest you think I own a very boring and blah wardrobe, I'd also like to point out that I own four sweaters in almost the exact same shade of bright orange.



Yeah. I don't know.

When I wasn't shopping, I was exercising, and just preparing - mentally and practically - for the next month. Because, while I may have worried about not having plans this weekend, it turns out that it is the last weekend I don't have anything planned for a while. Next weekend is my birthday celebration which entails at least one full day of planning and one full day of recovery; the weekend after that I am going to Vegas for a friend's bachelorette party; the following weekend I have a work event; the weekend after that I have a friend in town and then am leaving for New York for another work event; and the weekend after that is my friend's wedding. The weekend after that, I believe, is July 4th, and while I don't have anything planned yet, I can't get over the fact that it's not even the end of May and June is practically already gone.

And, finally, speaking of birthdays, tomorrow (Tuesday) is my dear friend Nicole's, so please stop by and say hello. She has brought so many good things into my life, I am thankful and thrilled to celebrate hers.



4 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your upcoming schedule sounds like my March-May. I'm now in my 2nd lite plans weekend and it is glorious. Of course I am planned up Thurs-Tues coming up but until then I am sleeping.

I have 6 pairs of green capris. Only I can tell the difference between them. It is a sickness.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Go Nicole Yourself said...

The feeling is awfully mutual lady. xoxo

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I know how you feel. Memorial Day was my last "quiet" weekend for a while, with June stacked with hikes, outings, backpacks, etc., etc. etc. Even funnier: I also have no plans for the 4th as yet! LOL

I can say with a fair amount of confidence that no one wants to see the contents of my closet. I'm one of those "t-shirts & jeans" kind of guys, which is pretty dull...

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of crocheting a fifth orange sweater for your birthday, damn out of gift ideas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home