Monday, April 21, 2008

Belatedly came to my attention at 8:45

My mom used to work in advertising, and I always remember her saying that it didn't matter how creative the campaign, success was only achieved if you could recall the name of the product.

I wish the CW network had consulted my mom when creating their racy new ad for Gossip Girl.

I've been anticipating this show's return for months now - it's one of maybe only three scripted series I watch. Every day I read about Blake and Penn and Leighton in the gossip columns; I follow show and production news in the trades. I even read today that they will no longer be streaming full episodes online, which made me even more determined to watch it in real time, live! At 10 PM. Just like last year.



Except, oh, I'm sorry. What's that, there? You, in the tiny small font, right under the blasphemous F? Does that say 8PM?

Way to hide the most important information. Sorry, advertisers. Now I guess I'm going to have to watch The Hills. WTF?

Labels:



9 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger The Flying Enchilada said...

The Hills. What's wrong with me that i enjoy this show so much.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Oh, I love it too - don't get me wrong! But I feel like I can catch up with the Hills anytime - Gossip Girl has been five months in the waiting!

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no. I'm so sad for you!!! Tivo.com - invest immediately. It's the only way to live. And what is up with them not streaming eps anymore. Booooo.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Diana said...

you seem to be blogging about things in the world that are currently really getting my goat. Hormones? Maybe. But I just call it weird coincidence.
I have been venting about this ad campaign for days. I actually find it pretty offensive. I am all for grabbing people's attention, pushing limits, crossing lines, but I just don't feel like being THAT inappropriate is ok. OMG was fine. OMFG? really? f___ing god? I don't watch the show and don't know the impact of the 2 characters getting it on but I just feel like being THAT blasphemous is gross, unnecessary and incredibly irresponsible.

Ok now I sound like I am 85. But thats just how I feel.

Drugs please!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Hilary said...

I think what this teaches you is that it's finally time for Tivo!d

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what are the other two scripted shows that occupy your time? Curiosity abounds...

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand you are upset because you missed the episode when it first aired but I am going to attempt to console you by letting you know it we be re-aired on Sunday at 6:00 pm.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Noj - thank you! You are awesome!

GH - The Office and 30 Rock. That's really about it.

Hil and Meeks - I know, TiVo, but would that have told me it was on at 8 or would I have just programmed it wrong?

Diana, I love you. You are awesome.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Keith said...

TiVo would've just known it was on at 8pm and recorded it... it doesn't record by time, it records by show, whenever it's on regardless of day or time. It's not like a VCR.

It's the best relationship I've ever had. It anticipates my needs and takes care of them. If I could make out with TiVo, I probably would.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home