Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The last post in which I ever mention weight (well, this week)

About two years ago, I passed a couple that appeared to be praying over slices of pizza. Mid-day, on the street in Pasadena, it caught me off-guard, and I wrote a post gently mocking what I imagined they might be thinking.

Now, it turns out that I might not have been so far off the mark.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post on Sunday with helpful suggestions and genuine support. It was a long-winded rant that really could have been summarized quite simply: Aging. Freaking. Sucks.

I think most women have issues with their weight at one time or another, and I am no exception. I am also not much of a wallower, so today at lunch I bought two new bathing suits that are so adorable and flattering I absolutely can not wait to wear them. Quick - someone invite me to a pool party before I change my mind!



3 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger eba said...

I spose aging sucks, but not aging sucks way more. Glad you like the bathing suits. Enjoy summer!

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you want to got to a pool party? I used to be a lifeguard and love to practice mouth to mouth, the cross chest carry, butterfly stroke and go for a roll in the towels in the cabana. Now all I need is a pool! ;-)

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

Praying to lose weight, eh? Oh man, what's next?... Ha!

Glad you found some suits you love! You might not feel 100% confident in your body, but if you can actually try on a bathsuit and BUY more than one that actually fits and looks good, you're already ahead of about 99.589% of the female population. YAY you! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home