Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Thanks, Noj

Just when I think I couldn't be any luckier, that my friends couldn't be better, that I couldn't be more blessed, a Starbucks gift card shows up on my doorstep by way of a friend in Alaska, enclosed in a card with possibly the most eloquent birthday wish I have gotten in years.

A little something too much
For the person who needs nothing
And believes she has everything.

Like the giver, the gift was extremely generous, something way too much, and yet it was exactly the one thing I need every single day.

"Is he out of his mind?" I thought, repeatedly, out loud. "Who does this?!"

He who does this is a better friend to me than I am to him. My most loyal commenter, someone who actually quotes my old blog posts back to me in emails. He consistently encourages me with positive feedback on my writing, and reads between the lines of all my posts and calls me out on the crap.

Among all the correspondence we've shared this year, I know I could write more, share more with him, ask more questions about his life. There's no real reason I don't.

After my initial disbelief, this touching gesture left me speechless, at a loss, at least, for written words. I don't think you want to read a post that simply has "Wow" written over and over again. Although that's basically what I wrote to him in my first "thank you" email. Maybe now I should start working on a second.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww! You're Welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home