Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Up to bat for Team Elizabeth

Because I have a lot of free time, I tend to do things like watching ten-minute clips of The View in which Rosie and Elizabeth have at it. I mean, have you seen this thing?



First, let me say that I have always been a fan of Rosie. When she joined The View, I was estatic. When she announced her departure, I was disappointed. During the eight months in between, I have loved listening to her voice her opinions, mud-sling with Donald Trump, and call Barbara Walters out on her bureaucratic bullshit. A liberal, I usually agree with what she's saying even if I don't agree with the way she says it.

Elizabeth Hasselback I have never given much thought to. She's on the show as the token Republican, offering a pretty, perky demeanor to soften her right-wing rhetoric. While I almost never agree with her views, I don't dislike her; I usually assume she must be spouting her nonsense from a script in her head, one in which she wonders how many years are left on her contract and she has keep up the conservative facade. She was on a reality show for goodness sakes. There was nothing conservative about her.

Over the past few weeks, Rosie and Elizabeth have been getting a lot of media attention for their on-air fueds, and Rosie typically gets positioned as the browbeating bully tormenting "poor little" Elizabeth. Even if you like Rosie, you have to admit she can talk anyone into the wall. And I guess that's why I like this clip. (All ten minutes of it). Because Elizabeth doesn't back down, and as the confrontation escalates, she only gets more focused and intent on making her point, while Rosie loses ground and basically gives up. I don't even remember how they got on the subject, and I probably don't agree with what Elizabeth said about it, but I sure like how she said it.

Labels:



1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Diana said...

1st of all it was really fun meeting you today. I wish I would've read this post before I met you cause we would def had a discussion on our hands.

I also have enjoyed seeing rosie on the view (on those rare occasions I am allowed to watch it over the Dora the friggin explorer.) (Thinking about that dora kinda look like a young mexican rosie- anyway- i digress)

Elizabeth hasselbeck sucks. She just plain and simple sucks. I have actually written an email to the producers at the view telling them how incredibly irritating she is. Yes her opinion is SO very different from mine, and yes I tend to take the liberal way when it comes to the topics at hand, but i guess what irritates me the most is that she tries to get her opinion across and get some Republican/ conservative dialogue come HELL OR HIGH WATER, even when that conversation is totally off topic or irrelavent.

Rosie is a LOUD woman. She has such an abrasive way about her that it is hard to see past it sometimes. But I have seem most of these arguements between the two over the past year and each and every time, as abrazive and obnoxious as rosie is, she is worlds away from making me want to throw my TV out the window, as Elizabeth does each and every time.

Ok so that's my two sense. Let's hope it makes some sense. I just got home from your fiesta and mama is tired.

Again, wonderful to hang out.
d

 

Post a Comment

<< Home