Saturday, January 13, 2007

Never leaving my house again

I don't know if it's that bad service follows me around, or if I just have incredibly high expectations, but I'm just ready to throw the towel in at this point and never leave my house again.

First, there's that whole gym thing that I've written about ad nausem: if I'm willing to shell out $80 an hour for training, I would think the gym might value that and not completely alienate me as a client. But, no, fine, I'm moving on.

The other night some friends and I went to a trendy Hollywood restaurant and got served by a waiter with the biggest attitude I have seen in a while. Not only did he have an attitude, but he actually pretended not to see us at a few points, even though our glasses had been empty so long that we could have ordered two more rounds of $12 drinks in that time frame. He did manage to get our orders right, but I'm sure that was only because he spit into all of our dishes and wanted to make sure we enjoyed them, bonus and all.

Then, today, I go to get my eyebrows waxed by the same woman I have gone to for nearly two years now. I've had my doubts about her a few times, but she usually does a great job and I've developed kind of a weird relationship with her so I've always been loyal. But today, I don't know what happened except that my brows are now completely uneven. After I complained the first time, she went back with the tweezer, and my second look was worse than the first. So I said thank you and that we were done for the day, and she then had the audacity to blame me, for letting them grow in too much! (It had been three weeks, the average amount of time one waits between waxing.) I said, Do NOT blame me, brows grow, and that was her job to fix them! I said I know she always does a great job and I don't know what happened now, but this was not MY fault!

She said, You're right, you're right, I'm sorry. But that's it. I'm done. I am so done. With everything.

(Edited to add: I don't mean I am never leaving my house again because of my eyebrows. I'm not that vain. Also, I have a brow pencil. I just can't deal with people anymore. People suck.)



2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger eba said...

oh oh oh, you *have* to watch this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9YoN9mkyctI

courtesy of waiterrant.net

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Jill said...

That's very odd. I usually get crap for going to my eyebrow lady too often. She insists that you should always wait a good amount of time because the more hair, the easier it is for them to create a shape. In any event, that sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home