Monday, January 08, 2007

Casualties of gym warfare

Yesterday I opened my inbox and saw an email from my old trainer, Kevin, offering his entire client list one last chance to purchase a training package before rates went up on Tuesday. I thought it was strange that I was still on his email list, but didn't think too much of it. Until later that night, when one of the people on Kevin's list replied to all: "Why would I buy more sessions now when I can't work out with my trainer?"

Ooh! I thought. He must be having problems with Kevin, too, and how ballsy of him to write that, especially for the whole client list to read! I must find out what happened!

So I emailed Jason directly: "Have you been having problems with Equinox trainers too? I LOVE that you wrote that email!"

He responded: "Thanks, but I was actually complaining because Kevin was suspended for some reason and I was showing support. But I am always happy to stir the pot a little. Thanks for the back-up!"

Crap. Kevin was suspended, maybe because I stirred the pot a little too much a few months ago. Oops. Thank goodness I didn't volunteer any more information to Jason. But now I fear bad gym karma is definitely coming my way.

Take, for instance, what happened to this poor girl tonight. I was just getting onto a treadmill when I heard a loud THUMP from the end of the row. I looked over and sure enough, two legs were sprawled off the moving end of a treadmill further down the line, no doubt a novice runner literally falling victim to the machine. I tried not to stare, and instead watched the rest of the onlookers gasp in horror, and only turned my head when I saw that she had caught my gaze.

I'm totally screwed.

Labels:



2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I asume this trainer dude sent an email with a ton of email addressen in de CC: box. Therefor, he deserves to be out of a job.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Don't feel bad about Kevin. You were completely right in that situation. I think it's pretty messed up that he sent that email to you in the first place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home