Friday, December 22, 2006

More miles logged than Santa Claus

So, you might have heard about this small little blizzard in Denver. You know, the one that has shut down the airport and stranded thousands of passengers? Guess where my layover is on Sunday! I know, I'm sure it will be fine by then. But it's kind of weird - in the 21 months I have lived in LA, I've probably taken about 15 trips to the east coast; never once have I had a layover at all, let alone in Denver. Direct flights all the way, baby! Unless I can save $400, in which case I suppose it's worth the risk. Such is the price I pay for choosing to move across the country.

And have you heard about that terrorist threat in London? I'm really so excited to be traveling this weekend, I can hardly contain myself.

But once I get there, I tell you, things will be great! Have I mentioned that I am spending my Christmas vacation taking a somewhat meandering tour through the northeast? See below:



I fly into Boston on Sunday. Hopefully.

I'll spend Christmas Eve with my dad in Bridgewater, and Christmas Day with our relatives out near Worcester. I'll spend Christmas night and the 26th with my mom in Stoughton. On the 27th, my friend is driving me from Stoughton, MA to Stamford, CT, and then, that evening, I will take the train into New York. To see the boy. For the first of six nights in a row we are spending together. Who wants to put money on how fast he'll get sick of me? I have dibs on Sunday. (I'm kidding! Really. He is either blind or just refuses to notice any of my bad traits. So far.)

I'll be in New York Wed night and Thursday, and then on Friday, we are leaving for our skiing trip in Vermont, or as I like to refer to it, the ATO Winter Formal: Ten Years Later. I no longer fit into any of my sorority formal dresses, so I'm praying that it gets cold enough so spend the weekend in my ski pants. Which are a size Small, and I am also kind of worried about. So, PRAY FOR SNOW, PEOPLE! Without skiing, all we'll be doing is drinking, and maybe singing rousing renditions of Piano Man, if I remember correctly.

We'll be in Vermont until New Years Day, Monday, and then all drive back to New York. I'll stay in New York Monday night, and catch a flight back to LA on Tuesday morning, with the goal of arriving at work by 1:30 PM so I can save half a vacation day. I had planned on long term parking at the Burbank airport to make that happen, but after a reality check from co-workers today, I'm thinking that plan might be flawed.

I'll write an official goodbye tomorrow, but for anyone reading this before then, please know that I wish you the very best holiday and I don't know what I am going to do being away from a computer for 10 days. I will probably have the chance to blog from New York on Thursday, so until then, I will miss you all and wish you all the best.

Love,
Lori



1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha! If you didn't get it that's me laughing at you, not with you. I'm laughing because you're going to be in Vermont with no snow. It seems to be that we in Alaska are hoarding all of it. We literally got dumped on last weekend upwards of 12" and then Wednesday and Thursday with another 8". I was worried about getting to New York but I did with a layover in Minneapolis, no delays. It only took 9 hours, and 13 on the clock. I'm not complaining because I'm home sweet home with clear blue NY skies and temps in the mid fifties. Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha try not to get cabin feaver.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home