Wednesday, March 16, 2005

When on earth did I get all this STUFF?

The walls are just practically giving birth to stuff I had no idea was there. Not that I am finding things I haven't seen in a while; on the contrary - I just apparently have a very large collection of daily necessities. I have five huge boxes packed that will go UPS ground. I will need to get a few more of those tomorrow for the rest of my non-necessities like framed photos and the little bit of kitchen stuff I will actually take with me.

I also packed one large suitcase that I will check, and have started packing the small suitcase that I will also check, but won't finish that til Friday morning. The problem is that I have an incredible amount of clothes that I don't want to part with for seven days, but can't fit into any of my plane allotment. I haven't even touched on my beauty products. I can tell that half of my career freebies are going to end up in the garbage. What a waste.

I have two people coming by tonight to buy my furniture, which is a relief, provided that they actually show up. One setback occured today when I called my new cable company, Dish Network, to set up my account, I found out that my new area is not yet wired for DSL. Neither Cablevision nor Time Warner offer cable service in that area, and I really don't want to get a land line for the sole purpose of getting a dial-up service. My options include going wireless, or selling my first child to Kinkos to pay for their service. Unfortunately, I rely on the Internet just to FIND Kinkos, and I don't know the first thing about wireless. My uncle, who is in the tech business, has actually been a great help in this area; however it is just one more thing I have had to add to my growing "to-do" list.

I am meeting Miki for drinks tonight. Haven't seen her for two years. Either we'll talk non-stop or have nothing to say to each other. I have been incredibly dehydrated all day; I woke up and my face was all tight and my fingers are all swollen like sausages. Must be the plane from yesterday. And I'm so annoyed that I don't have time to go to the gym today. Especially since I have purposely set aside so many sets of gym clothes for the next week.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home