Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Still sweepin' the clouds away

As you may have heard, today is Sesame Street's 40th anniversary. I've mentioned before that when I was younger, I was granted the ridiculously cool privilege of visiting the studio set in New York. What's funniest about these photos is that, 29 years later, almost all of the actors in them are still on the show. (Though I can't vouch for the hanging muppet.)

In Maria and Gordon's apartment, I think, with Susan (real name Loretta Long). My mom and I saw Susan/Loretta at the Grove a few years ago.* (Well, technically, I saw her, and my mom spent five minutes trying to remember/understand who she was and why I was so excited.)

On the stoop with Grandma. (Thanks, Grandma!)

Bob, Linda, and Big Bird running lines on set.

Who you callin' Dummy?!

Whew - big day. Let me get a glamour shot against Oscar's car.

And my perennial favorite, half-dressed Big Bird.

Now that's foul.

*Edited to add: After I hit "publish", I remembered that it wasn't "Susan" we saw at the Grove, but the actress who played "Olivia." You may also remember her from that other popular brownstone stoop from the set of 227.

Labels:



4 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos - thanks so much for sharing! And I'm totally jealous. But I'm just glad someone snapped half-dressed Big Bird...hilarious.

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usually celeb sightings do nothing for me, but this one is pretty darn cool. :)

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Happy Fun Pants said...

I'm not going to lie to you...seeing a woman with Big Bird legs is frightening.

Because no matter what you tell me, I *know* that Big Bird was real.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Lori said...

HFP - That's a guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home