Sunday, October 18, 2009

Guest post: Like daughter, like mother

Just about a year to the day since the last one, I present another guest post from Mom MacBlogger:

This is my second invitation to write on Lori's blog and of course I jumped at the opportunity. For the last few months I've been in a RUC (Really Un-Challenged) state of mind. So Lori and I have been tossing up some ideas to get me on track. We both like to write so my first thought was to kidnap the kid and take off to a remote Caribbean Island. We could live together, bond and write a book about mother/daughter respect, growth and the impending effects of spending my life savings together in a third world country. She tabled the idea for when she's in a RUC.

Small re-cap here. I'm Lori's mother. I just celebrated my 59th birthday, am bitter when it comes to internet dating, and have years of wisdom and opinions to share with others. About 5 years ago I left the advertising world and have since been looking for a replacement for my creative energy. I tried fitness training, which I loved, but for once the years of wisdom weren't an asset. They were a pain in my shins and rotator cuff. So I began a love affair with my kitchen, cookbooks and any nearby supermarket (that's my idea of a passionate 3-way). And as a result of this passion, I became a finalist in a Cooking Light recipe cookoff and have had recipes featured in other magazines and festivals as well.

Back to the RUC- so while I'm still talking to Lori about the Caribbean escape route, she's going off in a totally different direction. She says, "Mom, I think you should start a blog. A cooking blog." Not that conversation again, I'm thinking. I am a confirmed blog reader and could no way imagine being a blog writer, so the idea got put on the back burner. But that burner wouldn't shut off. And I found myself thinking of blog names, recipes I'd post, and first and foremost, what a fabulous way to reverse my Really-Un-Challenged state of mind.

And so the concept was born. Thank you Lori. The blog has been registered as RECIPES RE-MIXED and my first post can be viewed at recipesre-mixed.blogspot.com. For those who like to be in the kitchen, you might like my recipes, ideas, and wacky sense of humor. For those who are just learning, maybe I can teach you something. And on the actual blogging mess I've gotten myself into, I'll be looking for pointers from all of you on Lori's blogroll. Any help would be much appreciated.



3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Mama!!! That's fantastic.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Noj said...

Sounds good! Where do sign up to taste the recipes? I'm not much a cook myself...sounds like a good reason to become a reader.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

It's fabulous that you're writing because this post was terrific!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home