Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back to school with @MrsKutcher

The morning after I'd heard that Patrick Swayze died, I ran into his former Ghost co-star, Demi Moore, in Starbucks. You may remember that I used to see her kids, and one time, Bruce at the same place, but it's been nearly two years without any sign of them, since.

She was two people ahead of me, and I thought, Oh, that looks like Demi Moore. Oddly enough, I just assumed it was a person who looked like Demi Moore - I couldn't quite let myself believe this slight, thirty-something* woman might be the actual Demi Moore. But then she opened her mouth to place her drink order, and out flew that one-of-a-kind, honey-sweetened husky voice, and there was no mistaking it. Suddenly, I saw the big picture - the dark wash denim jeans were the perfect barely-baggy cut, rolled up over some bad-ass black motorcycle boots that I now want to find and buy, accessorized with a black leather bag to match. She was understated and effortlessly chic in that elusive way that only celebrities seem to be. Most amazing to me, her skin lacked any trace of makeup and looked smooth and soft and flawless. She seriously looked younger than me.

Tallulah eventually came out of the bathroom, taller than I'd remembered, but otherwise, didn't divert my attention. Next time, I'm hoping she'll bring Ashton.

*Actual age: 47. Demi is now, officially, my idol.

Labels:



2 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just read your link about your encounter with Scout Willis, and am dismayed to learn that one's hair starts to thin after age 30! I never really thought of it, but it makes perfect sense.

I'm now late-30-ish, and am definitely noticing a smaller ponytail these days, and I'm not happy about it. But I digress.

I LOVE hearing about 40+ stars who still look fabulous! It makes me feel optimistic that I can follow their lead! (even without a coterie of trainers, chefs, gurus, etc)

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Noj said...

Demi is a real Hollywood icon, wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home