Sunday, September 20, 2009

Those who mind might not matter but they also might have better manners

An hour ago, I left my apartment to go food shopping, and found my neighbor, sitting in her car in our driveway, shaving her legs. Now, I get that the light is definitely better over there, and I admit to using my own rear view mirror to spot and pluck stray facial hairs when they inevitably strike, but legs? In the communal driveway? For reals?

She didn't see, or at least, she didn't acknowledge me. But I sensed no trace of embarrassment or self-consciousness, especially given that the passenger side door was wide open. Once I got past the grossness of the act (my car interior is one of the few places in the world I keep immaculate) I marveled that she clearly could not care less what I, our neighbors, or anyone walking by might have thought of her.

I suppose it must be nice to go through life like that, blessed with the gift of not giving a shit. However, I'm content being slightly neurotic and hyper-aware, and I would imagine my friends and neighbors are thankful.



5 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um. Ew. That's effing foul.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so. After I posted this, I remembered that this girl is either married to or at least lives with a SMOKING hot (and very nice) guy, so clearly she knows something about life that I don't.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Yoga Heals said...

Ummm yes would have to agree that is just plain wrong. Sometimes its the smoking HOT girls that are the least tactful or emotionally intelligent. Oppsy!

Yogaheals

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Noj said...

Gross little prickly hairs on the upholstery!

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Many years ago, a woman across the aisle from me on an airplane was tweezing her eyebrows. For some reason, this made me want to vomit. Some things are meant to be done in the privacy of your own home -- shaving and tweezing are two of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home