Sunday, September 27, 2009

Setting intentions

Late this afternoon, after I had settled down to start the new Dan Brown book, I got a phone call from my mother's friend, who informed me that my mom had had what seemed to be a mini-stroke/TIA, and was in the hospital for evaluation. She is fine, awake, coherent, remembers everything - completely fine - but will be kept overnight for tests and observation.

I know many of you are observing Yom Kippur tonight and tomorrow, and I ask if you can just include her in your prayers. She is fine, and I know she will be fine tonight, tomorrow, for the foreseeable future; but, while I'm the least religious person I know and you'll never hear a "Jesus" or "God" uttered out of my mouth in these regards, I do believe in light and energy and the power of positive thinking, and that these powers can be enhanced when used collectively. Somewhat coincidentally, if you believe in such things, the entire story of the Dan Brown book seems to be based around the same premise of manifestations and mind-over-matter. I have to wonder if that means something.

I questioned whether posting this would be too dramatic and unnecessary, as I do believe she is and will be fine; but I know many of you know her, either personally or from her many cameos here on the blog, and I figured it was worth putting out there.

Thanks in advance.



13 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Amy L said...

Your mom is most definitely in my prayers Lori.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Karl Hakkarainen said...

Prayers, indeed, from this corner. Love - k

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Although I, too, am not at all religious, I am Jewish and will be observing this holiday. To that end, I will definitely think positive thoughts for your Mom... even though she's fine. And will be fine. :)

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Hilary said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Lori, and I will say a special prayer for your mom while in synagogue today. Thinking about both of you...

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Thanks, guys. :)

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of healing energy toward your mama and peace for you, my dear.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Green said...

Still thinking of your mom and hoping she is perfect and just has a good hospital story at the end of this.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Thanks, everyone. Yes, she seems to be fine. Still in the hospital this morning, hoping to be released today. They found nothing wrong with her physically or neurologically, and have her on blood thinners to prevent this from happening again. Apparently this is a fairly common thing to happen, and as long as it is treated seriously, doesn't necessarily mean cause for concern. Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes - they are VERY much appreciated. :) xo

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

Oh no! Of COURSE you have my good thoughts and prayers. So glad to hear she is doing fine. Still, it's scary for you, I can imagine. Stay busy and know we are thinking good thoughts on yours and your mom's behalf.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Tiny E said...

I just saw this. I'm glad all seems to be okay but your mom and your family are in my thoughts. Hope she's out of the hospital and home soon.

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Noj said...

Hope your mom is feeling better.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to be commenting a couple of days late, but I hope all is well with your Mom. With a family history of tia's, I understand how you feel. You're in my thoughts.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I'm reading this really late but I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and glad to hear your mom's doing okay. I will be adding her to my list of people I pray for on a daily basis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home