Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Random Tuesday Goodness

For the record, I thought you'd like to know that my suitcase from Vegas - the trip I returned from 9 days ago - is still sitting, open and unpacked, in the middle of my living room floor. I suppose I should just leave it there until I have to pack for my New York trip this weekend.

In other "I need to get my act together" news, my refrigerator currently consists of liquid egg whites, peanut butter, half a bottle of water I purchased at the gym tonight (where I saw Dennis Haysbert) and condiments. I tried going to Trader Joe's on my way home earlier, but the traffic in that lane was nearly twice that of my exit.

Normally I do all my errands and cleaning on the weekends, but this past weekend was a busy one. Friday night, Miya's brother - who I went to high school with - was in town, so a group of us met for dinner and went out to a club. I drove from my house in West LA to meet them for dinner in Venice, and then drove 20 miles in the other direction to Hollywood. After I had spent two hours in the car already that day, commuting back and forth to work in Pasadena. That's normal, right? I mean, gas is only roughly $500/gallon.

The club was fun and Tila Tequila was there. Not that one thing had to do with the other. But we practically closed it down and I had to get up early on Saturday to run all of my errands before heading in to work for an event that evening. I left at 3, worked from 4 until 9, and didn't get home until 11, when I crashed. I had intended for Sunday to be my productive day, getting in all the errands I didn't have time for on Saturday; instead, I spent the day alternating between my bed, reading and finishing Moose, and my computer, where I spent about four hours composing this post. Thank you, by the way, to everyone who responded. If anyone else has anything to add, please do so.

It's kind of weird watching the Celtics and the Lakers play against each other. I remember watching the last time they were in the finals together. In 1986. I was 10. Back then, my hometown played at Boston Garden, not whatever it is called now. (I gave up trying to keep track after it stopped being the Fleet Center). I remember when I was a freshman in high school, our basketball team won the division championships, and they played the final game in the Garden. That was a huge deal back then - 16, 17 year old kids playing on "the pah-quet."

I was a JV cheerleader, and had been cheering for the JV basketball team all season. Part of me was disappointed I couldn't be out in the middle of the Garden, cheering for Varsity; part of me was relieved. Of course, by the time I made it to Varsity, two years later, I decided I hated cheerleading and quit halfway through the season. I wasn't much of a team player. That's actually how I met Miya, though - we both cheered together and complained about it.

Here's a funny picture of me on JV, just for kicks.



I know, you love my hair. Note the ever-important Gap bag. You couldn't carry your stuff in grody bags from Marshall's. (Much to my mother's chagrin).

It's funny. I always root for the Boston teams - the Red Sox, the Patriots - I have since I lived in New York and loved the rivalry. But I went to my first Laker's game this year, and I have to say, I'm kind of a fan. As I write this, the Lakers are trailing by nearly 40. Jeez.

Finally, my uncle tagged me in a meme.

1. Write the title of your memoir in six words: Wherever you go, there you are.

2. Post it on your blog. Done.

3. Link to the person that tagged you. Again.

4. Tag five more blogs: Desiree, Crystal, Tiny E, Hilary, and Nicole

Labels: ,



6 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, around the time we were born, the price of gas doubled, and then doubled again. In macro-economics we learned about economic cycles and trend that re-occur every 20 years. The experts say fashion also goes in cycles but the two seem to be out of sequence because that leisure suit I bought for Halloween in 1999 still hasn't rolled back into style.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - I refuse to admit to how many trips I've come back from where the pack has sat on my living room floor until the following weekend for me to clean up.

That's the one thing that makes my social life tough in this town: I have friends in Glendale, the South Bay, the West Side, the Valley... and it costs thirty bucks and takes three hours to get to any of them!

LOL - you were that cute cheerleader shy, geeky me would never have had the guts to talk to! :)

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Go Nicole Yourself said...

sounds like an awesome weekend. glad you had fun - let's catch up before you go! xoxo

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You saw President Palmer?!!!!! Sigh. I heart him SO much.
Ok, I'm going to read the rest of the post but had to get that out before I squealed aloud.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I memed...

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say Lori, you say Mac
I say Lori, you say Mac
Lori Mac, Lori Mac

Check Her Ouuutttt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home