Sunday, February 24, 2008

Right here at home

It was such a busy weekend and I probably should be in bed by now because I have to report for jury duty downtown at 7:45 AM tomorrow; but since I napped for four hours this afternoon, I am having a hard time justifying getting back in bed right this second.

And there, my friends, was the longest run-on sentence about to be countered by a series of boring bullet points:
  • Friday night I went downtown to Ciudad and Seven Grand.
  • Saturday I ran about five million errands, including getting my brows done pretty much one year to the day I found salvation, food shopping, laundry, the tailor, and the gym. Or maybe only five errands, but who's counting?
  • Saturday night I went to dinner at Benihana where we saw ex-'nSync member and current Singing Bee host Joey Fatone; then headed to Trader Vic's which, while fun, was not nearly as raucous as my birthday. But raucous enough to keep me from a good night's sleep.
  • Today started out with breakfast at Junior's and was followed with the best intentions to get back to the gym, only to find myself asleep on my couch in the middle of the afternoon, lethargy clearly more prevalent than energy.
Now, it approaches midnight and, as if I haven't done enough, I find myself wishing I could squeeze just a few more hours out of the weekend.

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

There are NEVER enough hours in the weekend. Sigh. Hope jury duty is relatively painless...

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Hilary said...

Ditto to what Samantha said. And you really recognized Joey Fatone? I had no idea who he was.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you aren't attending an Academy Awards party!

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel that way every weekend. Especially since a lot of Sunday hikes find me spending a while napping under a quiet tree somewhere, which I never quiiiite want to end...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home