Sunday, February 03, 2008

Mama's medicine

Superbowl, schmooperbowl.

I should note that one of the reasons I didn't watch the Superbowl tonight was that I was so sure the Patriots would win, I figured the game was a shoo-in - what was the point of my watching?

Another reason I didn't watch the Superbowl tonight was that I have been feeling like crap all weekend - just basically really run down from my travels last week. I was actually kind of welcoming the idea of being sick - last time I came down with something after an event, I lost like, five pounds, and kept it off until just around New Years. I don't think that was in the cards this weekend, however, since my sick food today consisted of a can of chicken noodle soup containing an entire day's worth of sodium, plus some chocolate frozen yogurt which I can't even stomach when I'm healthy, but for some reason always crave when my throat is scratchy.

Also, I ran out of water about an hour ago, so I'm sipping a beer now. I don't suppose that helps, does it? Regardless, it sure feels good going down.



6 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

Um, how do you run out of water?!

I hope you're feeling better today! I feel like I have a low-grade fever and could pass out from the tiredness...I just don't think I'm going to be productive today.

As for the Giant's win, that was AWESOME. What an upset! Haha! (I'm mean). ;o)

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Well damn , I do hope you feel better.

I watched the Super Bowl specifically so i could guiltlessly shove my face in a pile of nachos.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, at least you haven't run out of tissues. Call if you want someone to come take care of you.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Hope you're feeling better! If your throat is bothering you, a quick remedy is to gargle with high-proof liquor. Seriously.

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're sick. I have to say. I have to say that I love that you started drinking beer (as opposed to say tea even with tap water) to help w/ your throat.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I was on the freeway during the SuperBowl. Having everyone else parked in front of their TVs makes for fantastic road-tripping.

What? Beer during a cold is a bad thing? Who knew? Dang, now I'm thirsty...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home