Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pop culture questions and a midweek treat

I've seen photos online of Katie Holmes every single day for the past year. Katie with Tom, Katie with Posh, Katie with Suri, all in various hairstyles and outfits and cities. Pretty much her entire transformation from Joey Potter to TomKat to PoshKat has been documented. So how is it, exactly, that I've never once seen a picture of her running, except in the slightly major New York City marathon? Maybe there is something to all those vitamins, after all...

Is it just me, or are more celebrities getting knocked up out of wedlock? I'm not talking about the lesser Spears sister, but legitimate of-age actors that increasingly seem to do it for the publicity. First Nicole Richie, then Jessica Alba, now Matthew McConaughey? I love how in the official statement it mentions that his new movie will be released next month, as if this is just another part to the press junket. Then again, this is the guy who drove cross country in an Airstream to promote Sahara, so anything is possible.

How is it that, until Monday, I'd never heard of this site? It hilariously provides the most detailed Project Runway recaps I've ever read, but broken up into separate posts throughout the week so you can read each one the 2-3 times it deserves. These guys have a good eye for fashion which is a nice change from other TV blog recaps, but realize the show for it's entertainment value and offer the most spot-on character commentary I've read anywhere. I spent about three hours reading it Monday night, and can't put into words how much I've been looking forward to tonight's episode ever since.

You're welcome.

Labels:



5 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Driving cross-country in an Airstream? Man, that sounds like fun! :)

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very entertaining post. Project Rungay!?!? F'ing genius.

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to think that getting pregnant out of wedlock is an accident and not planned parenthood. As I've matured, not everyone has the same ultra-conservative views on marriage and child-rearing. It seems less likely that a couple fall in love, get married, buy a white house with a matching picket fence, have two kids, two cars and live happliy ever-after (I appologize to anyone who is groaning). I'm completely uncertain if society has made it too difficult for that lifestyle or if people have chosen alternatives.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger The Flying Enchilada said...

Rungay! awesome!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Riddle me this: How did some random dude like Sam Lutfi get so famous that he's being paparazzi-stalked and interviewed by Ryan Seacrest just for being FOB (Friend of Britney)? Are we that starved for attention about this trainwreck?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home