Sunday, January 21, 2007

Weekend update

What, am I supposed to write on thing every day? Sheesh, you people are demanding.

No, it has just been a busy week and weekend. And some of you may have noticed the skitzophrenic disappearance and reappearance and re-disappearance of my Grey's post from Thursday night and wondered whether I am okay. I am fine; the truth is that it was very personal and frankly, the post just wasn't saying what I wanted it to say. If I am going to put myself out there to the blogasphere, I at least want to do so articulately. I didn't feel I was, in this case, and it meant too much to me for it to go misunderstood.

Friday night I went to my friend's birthday party. It was fun. I, apparently, have turned into an old person, because I had to call it quits before 11 and go home and go to bed. Saturday, I woke up at 8 AM, begrudgingly, and started my day, only to get so tired in the afternoon that I napped from 2:30 to 4. I never nap! It is not in my blood. Type A, people, type A here. I think Starbucks is, for some reason, substituting my morning coffee with decaf. Although I hit Coffee Bean at 5 PM for a second helping, and that didn't do much either.

Last night I saw Dreamgirls. I can't say it is AMAZING, as many others have, but I will say that it is worth seeing for Jennifer Hudson's voice alone. How did this girl not win American Idol? I got chills listening to her sing, she was that good.

When I got home, I checked my email, and I had a message from someone who found my blog through searching the phrase "how to move to LA". Apparently, he is thinking quite seriously about doing so, and wondered what it was like when I first arrived. What did I fail to prepare for? I plan to write him back with my own experiences and advice in the next day or so, but since many of you are also recent (or not-so-recent) transplants, I'd love to include your thoughts and experiences as well. What did you think was the hardest thing about moving out here? What advice would you give others? Please share in the comment section.

Tonight, my friend Julia and her husband are coming to crash at my place. They're in LA for the week and spending two nights with me, so after this post, I am off to scrub my bathroom floor. And if my coffee ever decides to kick in, maybe the kitchen floor as well.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home