Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Birthday, Julia!

Julia has always been one of the busiest, most driven people I know. Since we became friends in 8th grade, the girl has juggled more jobs (well, at 14 she was babysitting, but you've never had so much fun babysitting until you did it with her) and the most active social schedule, yet still found time to volunteer, go to church functions, and spread general goodness amongst everyone who crosses her path. (Full disclosure: since the church functions usually involved good looking boys, I managed to busy myself with her schedule too.)

I'm writing to Julia on my blog because she moves so often, I don't have a mailing address to which I might send a card. In fact, I'm emailing the link to about five different addresses because I'm not even sure which one she's checking this week. That's the thing about being as driven as Julia. She changes jobs so often, it's impossible to keep track of what state she might be living in this month. For now, I'm fairly confident it's either New Hampshire or Vermont, but really, she could be out saving Africa from Angelina Jolie and it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Julia was an integral part of my high school experience, and I am so thrilled to have her as part of my life 15 years later. (Ugh - 15?!) I'm sorry I can't be there, wherever you are, but you know we will always have Montreal.

On the other hand, let's just concentrate on the future. Happy birthday!

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home