Sunday, November 27, 2005

Jet Lag

Today feels like the longest day ever. I woke up at 5 AM EST to catch my 7:15 AM flight from Logan to LAX. It left exactly on time, and, with the time difference, we arrived in Los Angeles at 10:15 AM PST. I was back in my apartment by 11 -around the same time I might get a typical Sunday started, only I had already been up for 9 hours and flew 2800 miles across the country.

It was an unusually clear day. As the plane came in for the landing, I kept waiting to pass through the obligatory layer of smog, but it never came. The view out of the window on the cab ride home was a stark contrast to the weather in Boston - the sky was electric Kool-Aid blue with nary a cloud in sight. I decided to take a trip to Target in West Hollywood, and while I can usually catch a glimpse of the Hollywood sign from the stretch of Santa Monica Blvd by my apartment, today it looked like it had gone through the outdoor equivalent of Bright Smile - the sign was so noticeable glaring I thought maybe it had been moved or enlarged over the weekend.

At Target I picked up some general necessities, as well as a DVD player for $49.99 (!) and a pilates DVD. I had planned on picking up some sort of yoga video to use on my computer's DVD player, but for only $50, well why not! I've never had a living room large enough to actually do an at-home workout, so might as well go all-out.

A shower, nap, and my fourth meal of the day later, I've now done the workout and am waiting for my Sunday night two-hour scoop of happiness in the form of Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. I am still tired, and I pray that two hours of good television don't get me so wound up that I can't sleep afterward. This day just needs to end.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home