Friday, November 18, 2005

Learnings

Eight months ago today I moved to LA. (I never tire of the variations of that phrase.) Here are the top 8 things I have learned thus far:

8. People out here are by far nicer than they were in New York. Having never lived my adult life anywhere else, I don't know whether it's more accurate to say that LA is a friendly place, or NYC is just a pit of despair. Regardless, UPGRADE.

7. The traffic really is that bad.

6. The weather really is that good.

5a. Never ever ever trust that the beauty editors know your product unless you're the one that introduced it to them. 5b. Always, always, always start with an event.

4. I had a dormant passion for food shopping. I go to Ralph's for the basics, Whole Foods for salads, Trader Joes for prepared foods, Target for cereal and snacks, 7-11 for beer, World Market for wine, and Bristol Farms when I want to overspend on anything. This is all the more interesting when you consider that I haven't used my stove a single time in 8 months.

3. Always have health insurance. Just in case.

2. A good gym is hard to find and should never be taken for granted. The word "friend" may also be substituted for "gym". And a friend won't ask for $105 per month for the commitment.

1. It doesn't matter how far I go, I'm never going to escape myself.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home