Sunday, November 20, 2005

Working out shouldn't be so much work

This was (hopefully) my last weekend trekking to Pasadena for the sake of going to the gym - my new gym in Westwood opens this Tuesday! In all likelihood I won't even go there this week, because I'll be home for Thanksgiving, but in two weeks it will be nice to drive only one mile -and not 25 - just to run on a treadmill. I ended up getting the California Access membership, which allows me to use any Equinox in LA, so I'll continue to use the Pasadena gym on weekdays after work, and go to Westwood on weekends.

This weekend was so gorgeous, I felt guilty spending any time inside a gym. Yesterday I didn't bother, and went for a run on the beach instead, followed by a mini-session on the stairs. I decided that's the best way to do it. I did 6 laps up and down - half of what I usually do - which was just enough to feel challenging yet not too much to get monotonous. Today, even though it was close to 90 and felt like a beach day, I dragged myself to Pasadena to get some weightlifting in. The ride itself wouldn't bother me if there wasn't the requisite traffic jam to slow me down. But, alas, that should be the last time I have to endure it - on a Sunday, anyway.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home