Monday, July 18, 2005

Hot Chocolate

I went to Phoenix this weekend for our store's chocolate party, which was wildly successful if I do say so myself. Lots of shoppers, lots of media, lots of product sold. It was nice and validating to see an idea that I had go from just that - an idea - to the talk of the town. Even if it is a small town (well, not so small, actually - I learned recently that Phoenix is actually the 15th largest market in the country). So good for me.

The other talk of the town of course is the heat, since Phoenix averages about 110 degrees this time of year (106 according to this article). We were worried that no one would be around in that kind of heat to attend an event in the middle of July, but the timing actually worked in our favor, I believe, since we had very little else to compete with. I'm an odd bird in that I am one of very people who actually enjoys the heat - the hotter the better, I always say - but even this was (almost) too much. For what little time I spent outside, it felt like someone was holding a hair dryer to my face, and just standing there. The event was inside of course, so in a way it was exciting to step outside and pretend to mind the hotness.

I stayed overnight at the Westin which was wonderful, and did spend some time on my balcony after the temperature had dropped down closer to 100 or so. There was something very peaceful about sitting in the heat in virtually the middle of the desert, and again, I felt truly at peace with my decision to move out here. Not because of Phoenix my job, but just the overall sense that things were somehow aligned. Or maybe that was just the leftover champagne from the party.

Oh, and four months ago today, I moved to LA.

One year ago today I was here for the Umberto trip. (I am actually going to him to get my hair cut this weekend.) That trip directly followed the Nagy wedding and weekend in the Hamptons, and will always be remembered for my first dinner in Malibu and night dancing with Carson Daly. With that, how could I NOT move here???

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home