Monday, July 11, 2005

The end of the Crunch affair

I went back to Crunch tonight. Oh, I do love it. But it's just not meant to be.

The drive from work wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Even if the freeways are always as clear as they were tonight, there will always be that 3 mile strip of Sunset that takes 20 minutes to pass through - more time than it took me to go from the 134 to the 2 to the 101 altogether.

I got there, and everything is perfect. The machines, the music, the layout, the crowd. Oh wait, there's something about the crowd. They ARE ALL GAY. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I have never so badly wanted to be a gay man in my life, b/c if I were, Crunch on Sunset would be my happy place. My little slice of heaven. But I'm not, and I want to meet straight boys, or at least look at them while I run. The funny part is, I have never seen so much flirting between straight people at a gym. This place was a bigger pickup joint than most of the bars I've been to. And I was more intimidated in the weight area than I had ever been around straight meatheads. I just felt totally out of place (and worse groomed than 90% of the people there).

So, if that weren't my sign from above, the nail in the coffin was the drive home. That 25 minute drive that didn't bother me this weekend completely sucked at 8PM when I was tired and hungy and parched. There's no way I am going to suffer a crappy commute everyday for a crowd that's not going to enhance my social life. Or even my imaginary social life. Especially when Equinox is so close.

I'll still go back for the rest of the week to take advantage of the pass, and also because I absolutely can't bear the thought of ever going back to LA Fitness. Then maybe next week I will do the Bally's, and by then, maybe Equinox's deal will get sweeter as the month comes to a close. I so wanted this to work out, I really did. But I guess it's better that I know now, and aren't pining away without ever really knowing the man behind the club. I mean, we totally don't play for the same team.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home