Thursday, March 24, 2005

L.A. is like McDonald's - I'm lovin it.

I have been here only five days and it feels more like five weeks. That's a good thing. I can't believe that only a week ago I was still a New Yorker. LA totally agrees with me.

I had an interview yesterday at a company that I really liked. They were a small firm (15 people) and I met with four people, all of whom I liked. My next step is to forward writing samples, which I will do most likely tomorrow morning. I should probably do it this afternoon, but in all honesty, I am not that interested in the job, and I would rather be shopping for furniture. The company has some consumer accounts, which are moderately interesting to me, but it sounds like I would be working on a lot of tech stuff, which is of no interest. I also have to go through my files to see which stuff I want to send, and didn't have time to do it this AM.

I have another interview in a few hours. This is the second interview with the fashion pr firm, also about 15 people; not sure how I feel about this one. Hoping for more clarity after today. Then I have another interview on Monday, which I am looking forward to, although I am not quite sure what to expect.

Ryan got a bunch of people together last night - Jeff, Gabe, and some other girls who just moved from NYC to LA two weeks ago. I also brought Tracy. It was fun. I can't believe we all live here now - when we all used to live together in the city. A couple of Ryan's other friends were supposed to join us, but never showed.

I may meet up with Seth (Asian Waldo) tonight. I have to finish some freelance stuff, and it will depend on whether it is pouring out, but I really should go just so I can keep busy.

I absolutely love my apartment. It is SO not the same apartment I saw this summer when visiting Ted. He had a crappy bachelor pad; I have an awesome crib. An empty crib at the moment, but once my couches come on Sat I can start furnishing the rest of the living/dining room. In the meantime, I am trying to find bedroom furniture, but everything I have seen is SO expensive, and I can't justify spending a lot of money on something that very few people will see, especially when who knows where I will be a year or two from now. It's hard because my room is actually so big (at least compared to NYC) so I need something kind of substantial just to fill it.

My boxes came yesterday. I was able to unpack a lot of stuff, but I need more hangers, and also a dresser. I may make my third trip to Target in a week after my interview today. It's just kind of far, and I wish there was something closer. I found out that there is an Ikea in Burbank, but I am intimdated by the directions on mapquest, and may prefer to wait until I can bring someone with me to read them to me in the car. I think I could get there, but I really don't feel like getting lost in the valley just to do it. Ikea is a day in of itself.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home