Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This may well be the laziest post I've ever written

... but Cara has graciously recapped our weekend so I don't have to.

Oh, and in addition to Wanda Sykes, we also had a random Top Chef, Season 3 sighting. I didn't even watch that season, but he's so tall, there's no missing him.

My bathroom is done, kind of. The shower doors and tile look good, but the floor is a mess. It's uneven and sloppy and I'm the last person in the world who notices that sort of thing, but even I can see it's lazy, rushed work. They've already agreed to re-do it.

I've also mentioned before that my carpets are kind of a disaster. It took the workers leaving such a disgusting trail of plaster, drywall, and odds and ends that they were dragging in and out for me to finally do something about it. For $100 I bought a Hoover Steam Cleaner at Target, and spent an hour or so steaming the carpets on Saturday. And oh my, do they look good. I'm kicking myself for not doing this four years ago. Not to overstate things, but the entire feeling in my apartment has changed. Suddenly I am living in less of a crack shack and more of a modern-looking abode.

Or at least I will be until Linoleum Installation, Round 2.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home