Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Home improvement

After entertaining a house guest for six days and exercising my brains out for five of them, there was nothing I was looking forward to more than a long, hot shower in the privacy of my own home.



Mmm... Nothing says "relaxing" like bare bathroom foundation. Restoration Hardware should take note.

So naturally, yesterday would be the day that my bathroom was being remodeled, requiring me to take my next few showers at the gym.

I'm not, despite appearances, complaining about getting a new bathroom. Last week, my shower curtain rod collapsed, bringing a small chunk of wall down with it. After discussing with my landlord, she decided they should just install shower doors, and sent someone over to my apartment to take measurements. That's when they found that my tile and linoleum floor were so old they were a health hazard (awesome!) and decided to redo the whole thing.

The landlord told me the process would take all of Monday, but would be finished by Tuesday morning. The above photo was my bathroom Monday night. Tonight, things are bit further along, and I am told it will be finished tomorrow, but I am afraid to be optimistic. I am, however, thankful. Thankful that this did not take place while Julia was here. And thankful that my gym is actually a lovely place to take a shower. They offer free Kiehl's products in the locker rooms now. I passed some delightful quiet time in the steam room yesterday. The challenge is navigating through the busy morning rush, fighting for a hair dryer, and remembering to pack along everything I might need to get ready for the day. I almost forgot shoes to match my work outfit this morning.

But overall, I have little to complain about. Except that all this is making it very hard for me to ever move out of this apartment.

Labels:



2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Brian said...

Your landlord sounds like a pretty respectable and responsible person - very lucky for you!

I will tell you one thing though: shower doors suck. They are a pain in the you know what to keep clean, especially with the hard water in California. Don't get me started on trying to clean the space where the two doors overlap :)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I know! And I am kind of bummed, because the shower curtain was really the only thing that added color/personality to the bathroom. But I'll live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home