Thursday, December 03, 2009

I can be their long lost pal

Well. That new camera couldn't have come at a better time.

I know I might complain sometimes, but I've NEVER been able to complain that my job doesn't have perks.

A few months ago, my company started working with the makeup artist on this show. We provide products, and have gotten some great press in return. It's win-win, all around. So it was above and beyond when the makeup artist invited us over to the set to meet the cast. But, um, okay!

Now, I've been on sets before, but not usually when the actors are working on them. Or if I have, such in the case of when I spent five minutes representing an actor on All My Children, I was there to be working, myself - not meeting-and-greeting and sourcing out personal photo opps with the co-stars. The cast of AMC, for the record, was quite friendly and all really nice, but I was too intimidated by my own role (I knew nothing about entertainment PR) to feel comfortable.

This was completely different. Not only because I know what I'm doing (beauty, not entertainment, PR), but because everyone welcomed us like we were these crazy long-lost relatives they'd heard so much about. We were enthusiastically introduced to every lead on the show (I wasn't expecting them ALL to be there, but they were shooting a group scene when we arrived), as well as a special guest star that I can't reveal but did get to talk to, who could not have been more adorable and endearing. Meeting the guest also made me recall how I used to think my last boyfriend-like-person resembled him, which, when I tell you what celeb it is, might make you question my taste. He definitely does not fit into my Carson Daly/Dave Lieberman Boyfriend Lookalike Profile.

Anyway, the cast was fantastic. They complimented (raved) about our products MUCH more than they had to, and stuck around to talk about other things. Everyone was naturally hilarious and seemed intent on making us laugh, and there was genuine camaraderie among them. My career has introduced me to dozens of celebrities over the years, and while they have almost always been professional and nice and exciting for the story I could tell later on, none have ever just plain been so much fun.

Either that or they're just really, really good actors.

Unfortunately, time ran out before I could get photos with everyone in the cast, but more can be found here.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Karl Hakkarainen said...

Equal parts rock and roll

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Total jealousy. Not so much about being on set (having been an AC, that part lost it's magic long ago), but because I have a total schoolboy crush on Alison Brie! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home