Sunday, March 08, 2009

Quite possibly the happiest place on earth

Last week when Lauren and I took Tricia down to the Santa Monica Pier, we stood in front of the amusement park and talked about how, with regard to rollercoasters and other rides, we had all, at some point, turned into our mothers. "I just can't imagine a scenario," I said, "in which I would ever go on a rollercoaster again."

So, naturally, that's exactly where I found myself last night, riding Space f'ing Mountain at Disneyland. And dammit if I didn't love every second of it. The Matterhorn was my second favorite, as from the top, it offered views of the entire park; and my third favorite was probably the Indiana Jones ride, because, hello, who doesn't love Harrison Ford? I went on five or six rides throughout the night, and the only one that made me just a little bit sick was probably the most tame - Star Tours. It was little more than a glorified IMAX movie experience, but we were so close to the screen, I immediately felt carsick. As soon as the first wave of nausea hit, though, I closed my eyes and started chanting to myself, "you're fine, you're fine, you're fine". And as soon as it over, I was.

The one thing I hadn't considered about Disneyland was the amount of exercise to be had. We walked/ran around for four hours straight, except when we were standing in line or sitting on a ride. By the time the park closed and we got off the last ride, it was after midnight, and I was starving. But I wasn't hungry for a meal or anything remotely healthy, however; instead, I craved the spun sugary sweetess of cotton candy. And so, at 12:30 AM, I guiltlessly inhaled the most tooth-achingly delicious dessert I've had in ages, and felt much less like my mother and more like a kid again.

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man, now I'm craving cotton candy!

I just read your post about the sexting guy... what ever happened with him? Did you go out again?

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Ha! No, I never went out with him again. He actually apologized very profusely and sincerely but said he was too embarrassed to talk or go out again. Which was fine by me. I took it as a sign that for once I actually managed to nip crazy in the bud. :)

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Disneyland, awesome! Its the only the happiest place on earth! It makes my trip to the Budweiser factory in st. Louis seem lame. I so want to go to Disney World with Epcot and the land of tomorrow!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got the free b-day ticket for this summer. Wanna go again?

And, seriously, how cool is the turning tunnel effect on Space Mountain?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home