Monday, February 23, 2009

I think my party shoes are orthopedic

Well, I don't know about you, but I loved, Loved, LOVED the Oscars. I thought Hugh Jackman was flawless, was entranced by the song and dance, got emotional with the multiple presenters, and was completely romanced by the razzle dazzle. I don't know if I was the target audience that the Academy was hoping to impress, but their changes definitely did me good.

I spent about five hours in front of the TV on Sunday, mostly having a lazy day. I did manage to hit the gym and do some writing, but I was tired from an otherwise busy weekend. Saturday night I headed out with some work friends to Whittier, which, if that sounds familiar, is home to the Octomom. Whittier is southeast of Los Angeles and the farthest east of downtown I've ever been (by car), and it was quite the adventure. At one point I ordered a vodka tonic and the bill came to $5, so I'm not complaining.

Friday night I went to the Vanity Fair photography exhibit at LACMA, followed by dinner at Osteria Mozza, which was absolutely fabulous. I've been wanting to go there for ages but reasonably-timed reservations are hard to get, though on Friday, the timing worked out in our favor.

Next weekend will be busy, too, as I have a friend coming in from New York. I asked if there was anything in particular she wanted to see or do, and her reply was, "No, I just want to party! Go clubbing - have fun." Since I haven't "gone clubbing" in quite a few years, I think I need to go to bed now so I can start storing up some energy.

Labels:



4 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the vanity mozza night a date?

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Go Nicole Yourself said...

Aloha!

Can't wait to hear more details about your weekend! Miss you!

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh clubbing...have fun!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Tiny E said...

Good luck with the clubbing. I'm pretty sure I'm completely incapable at this point so I admire the fact that you're even giving it a shot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home