Thursday, February 05, 2009

Light housekeeping required

There's nothing like coming into work and reading an uplifting horoscope for the day:

Clean out your emotional closet and you will be more attractive to other people.

Really? Thanks. I mean, I'm not disagreeing with the advice, and I'll admit my emotional closet has been a little cluttered, lately, but can you be a bit more helpful? I don't think the Container Store sells a filing system for mental archives (do they?), and I imagine the Salvation Army has all the emotional baggage they can handle. Does Hoover sell a hand-vac for mind dust?

(I actually got on the Container Store website as I was writing this, and there was a tab called Organize Your Dorm. Except, I read it quickly, and thought it said Organize Your Doom. So maybe I could use some emotional organization. But until I can find the appropriate storage units, I'm headed to Sephora for a physical makeover. Don't tell me I'm unorganized AND unattractive.)



3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I have no idea what cleaning out your emotional closet means but I'm guessing Sephora and some yoga might be a good place to start. Oh, and maybe a new outfit? New outfits are always good. :) See? I should have been a shrink! lol.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Organize Your Doom. Hahahahahaha. That made me laugh out loud. Perhaps there's something going on in your subconscious after all. And I LOVE the Container Store. It's dangerous. Have fun in Sephora!

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that's one of those horoscopes that could apply to just about anyone, isn't it? Shees.

I do rather like the term "Organize your Doom", though. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home