Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Feminine charms

Just when I was feeling frumpy and forgotten in Hollywood, a random guy came up to me at the gym tonight.

"I don't know if there is a right way to say this to a perfect stranger," he started out.

I thought he was going to tell me I was using the lat machine wrong.

"But I just wanted to say that I think you're very pretty."

Oh.

"I've seen you here before and I told myself if I saw you again, I would say something."

Wow. "Thank you!" I smiled, embarrassed and in shock. The compliment could not have come at a better time.

Apparently I underestimated this outfit, which I repeated tonight minus the matching sneaks and iPod casing. Who knew Bobby Trendy was so underrated?

Labels:



9 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the fuzziness that really turns them on. Quantum attraction & all! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger AmyBow said...

that must have felt awesome. keep that high!

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww! That's so nice!!!! (And he's smart too!)

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, guys can actually do that? I always figured I'd get slapped if I ever tried that at the gym...

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Lori said...

GH - Yeah, it's a tough call, and this totally could have come off as creepy if he didn't seem like such a normal, decent guy. He also knew when to curtail the conversation - i.e. he didn't hang around or ask me out or cross any weird boundaries or anything.

Personally, I thought I would have preferred that he just stake out the available bench next to mine, and strike up a convo that way - build up to a gym friendship, you know? But he totally made my night with that compliment and I actually appreciated his candor. Especially since he just left it at that and didn't linger or ask me out.

If you ever do something like that, I would follow the same rules: Make it short, make it sincere, and leave her wanting more.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ooooohhh! was he cute!?!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I wouldn't call him "cute" but he wasn't unattractive.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

*SNAP* You still gottttt it! NICE! :o)

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Green said...

Wow! Nothing like that has ever happened to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home