Sunday, August 10, 2008

Golden Girls

I was going to start this post by saying that if tanning were an Olympic sport, my mom and I would have easily qualified for the bronze medal this weekend. Then, as the thought ran through my head and I chuckled at my own bad joke, I realized that the joke wasn't mine at all. I had directly quoted Blayne, from last week's episode of Project Runway.

Joking aside, it was a GORGEOUS weekend, and my mom and I spent a day and a half at the beach, soaking up the sun. We both have olive-toned, Mediterranean skin, and rarely burn, so by the end of yesterday we were both looking like we'd spent the summer yachting on the Adriatic, not just sprawled out on the sand in Santa Monica. I thought it fitting to have dinner at Sunset Plaza, where we blended in seamlessly among the Europeans.


(And don't our tans look fabulous against the white tablecloths?)

Her flight delay on Thursday night turned out to work in our favor, as it helped acclimate her to LA time. Often she'll visit and be wide awake at 4 AM; this time, she slept in every morning until 7! When we weren't beaching, we were shopping or eating, or driving from shopping to eating. We spent about an hour on Facebook, gawking at my high school class, and more time just laughing over scrapbooks and memories. She left around 1 today, and I spent the afternoon relaxing before winding down the weekend with an evening run through the neighborhood.

So I guess if I really wanted to rate the weekend, it would easily have garnered a gold.



3 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend with your Mom, and the tans certainly are impressive. Hope you wore your sunscreen!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Your mom's very pretty. I'm glad you two had fun. Sounds like a perfect weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home