Friday, June 20, 2008

Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty

The first time I ever went to Scottsdale - in July - I was told that the summer heat there, which routinely hovers around 110 degrees, feels like someone is blowing a hair dryer at your face. That's exactly what Pasadena felt like today. And just a little bit more extreme than what my apartment feels like now.

Speaking of hair dryers, I got my hair cut yesterday, and while I thought the woman did a great job, she took twice as long to blow my hair out as she did to cut it. I was literally sitting in her chair for an hour, 40 minutes of which were spent under the dryer. The heat didn't bother me as much as my impatience, and the fear that she didn't know what the hell she was doing. But, fear not, she apparently was just taking her time. Her slow, sweet time.

We did hit one snafu when she used too much anti-frizz serum. I have thin hair, and it gets weighed down easily. The brand she used was particularly heavy, and my hair quickly went from sleek to limp. To correct it, she then added this powder or dry shampoo, which brought my texture back. It also left a crap-brown residue on my hands (when I ran my fingers through my hair), on my neck, on my towel at the gym, and later, on my towel at home after I showered. Apparently Bumble & bumble thought ahead only enough to assume (correctly) that brunettes don't want their hair powder being mistaken for dandruff; however I don't really need a day of dirty fingernails and skidmarks on my crisp white bath towels either.

Tomorrow is a busy day. I have a ton of errands to run, possibly an out of town friend to meet for a lunch, a photo shoot for work, and possibly a party tomorrow night if I can get it all together and pack for my trip as well. Sunday I leave for New York first thing in the morning. I'll be spending four days doing press appointments, and then shifting gears into Bridesmaid of the Year for my friend Kristin's wedding. It should be a good week, but right now I am just looking forward to the hotel air conditioning.



4 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

107 at 9pm here in Vegas, but that's to be expected here. Frankly it makes me tired which is good for the insomnia.

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"however I don't really need a day of dirty fingernails and skidmarks on my crisp white bath towels either".

That would be 'Things I'm not looking for in a BF Alex for $200'!

Funny.... Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give Kristen my Best Wishes!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Green said...

Umm... give Kristen *my* best wishes too. :)

I hate when people take a long time to blow out my hair also. My standards are quite high and I have very thick hair. But there is a hairdresser on Long Island who can cut, blow out and flat iron my hair, all in 35 minutes. I want to marry her. In the most straight way, of course.

Please eat one slice of pizza, one chinese food meal (why is there no duck sauce in SF?), and eat one rainbow cookie for me. And while you're at it, give someone the finger from me, too. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home