Sunday, December 16, 2007

Oddly, both of these topics have something to do with dodgeball

Not too much to report from this weekend, other than that I went to a party on Friday night and Vince Vaughn was there. Not like a party in a bar, where Vince just happened to be drinking as well, but a house party, in which he was an invited guest and stayed the whole night. Well, almost the whole night. When we left at 3:30 AM I think he had been gone for like an hour. But it was still very exciting. There was also a guy there from the most recent season of Entourage, who I talked to for a good long while and never once let on that I knew he was an actor. Because I'm cool like that. Or maybe because Vince had already broken my heart by not wanting to be my best friend. Whatever. I'll stop name-dropping now.

A few of you have asked about Mr. Nice Guy. I talked to him last Monday and tried to let him down gently. The problem, however, with letting people down gently, is that sometimes they just don't get it, and you then have to spell it out for them, and after you've been talking in circles for half an hour, it starts to sound less gentle and more "please just let it go already." I'm done with dating for 2007. It's just too exhausting.

Unless Vince reconsiders. And then maybe I'll make an exception.

Labels:



4 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vince Vaughn, cool! Too bad he couldn't give you any advice on how to let Mr. Nice Guy know you thought he was a tool. That would have been special.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

Poor Mr. Nice Guy...hopefully he FINALLY got it. I cracked up reading that you are done with dating in 2007; good thing it's almost 2008, woman! Ha!

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some days I miss being star-struck. Working a bit in the industry (admittedly on the fringes) sorta took that away from me.

Hopefully Mr. Nice Guy took it okay. That's the problem with that sort of thing: gentle or not, slow or quick, it's just never easy for either party...

Best 'o luck in the 2008 dating game!

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lori, good talking to you for a while at the party too :)

Assaf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home