Thursday, August 16, 2007

Busting a move

Wow. It has been a busy week. I don't think I have gone this long without posting in a while. And rather than write from the comfy confines of my apartment, I am cramming this post in at work, well before 9 AM, in part to procrastinate tackling the mounting piles of work on my desk.

Let's see... I still don't think my body has still recovered from the hike we did on Sunday. Physically, I feel fine - no sore muscles or anything, but I have been exhausted all week. Monday night I made myself go to the gym, but came home, ate dinner, and went to bed at 8:45! Tuesday night I went to the gym and then over Tracy's just to catch up. Last night I had a date with the waiter-slash-actor (wactor?), and dare I say it, it was actually fun! It was the first date that I have been on in maybe two years that, after dinner was over, we were both like, what's next? (That's not to say that John and I didn't have a good first date last year, but our first date was three days long, so it's not exactly comparable.) Tonight I have a work event until 9 PM, which is here in Pasadena, which means I won't be getting home until close to 10. Tomorrow night I plan to go to the gym and then go to bed early, and hopefully sleep late on Saturday morning. I need it!

Oh, and in the meantime of all this social activity, work has picked up to the point that it practically makes up for how slow I've been for the last six months. Fortunately, I thrive on activity and moderate stress, so I couldn't be happier.

Saturday night I am hanging out with a friend I haven't seen in a while, and I am very exited to catch up. It can't be a crazy night, however, because I am going to do my first class at Barry's Boot Camp at 10 AM on Sunday, and I have heard that I am in for the workout of my life. Yay!

In other fitness news, I signed up for this race on September 15th. If you live in the LA area and like MC Hammer (or would at least like to relive 1989 for a morning) sign up! I am considering busting out the Skidz just for the occasion.



4 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled to hear you went out with Mr. "Do you Like Me - Yes No Maybe So." Sounds like the maybe may be turning into a yes! You go.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

So happy the date went well! You sound content. YAY!!! Have fun and don't work TOO hard! ;o)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Go Nicole Yourself said...

So glad you had fun. I need some of those cards for sure.

I don't run but I do love me some Hammer.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the date went off without a hitch. Don't sweat it. Wait and see it'll work out. Take it in stride!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home