Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What do you mean I have too much time on my hands?

Gawker posted a funny item today, titled, "Can You Tell a Woman is Single and Unlaid Just From Her Apartment?" As I read down the list and recognized nearly everything as my own, I decided that clearly, you can. Crap.

I've copied the full list below and added some commentary, but have also taken it a step further, and created a full-fledged Flickr album as evidence of my membership in this not so exclusive club. I think it would be fun if all my single girl readers, or anyone who might find themselves with stuff like this just lying around, wanted to take their own pictures and add them to this set. After all, we may be single, but we're certainly not alone.

  • Piles of magazines everywhere, comprised of tons of pretentious ones that are clearly untouched and then severely thumbed-through Vogues and Luckys
  • Overflowing shoe rack and nothing in the fridge
  • Scented candles
  • Slovenly heaps of little-used makeups in the bathroom
  • Stuffed animals in the bed (No way, I swear!)
  • Cat hair on the furniture (Definitely not!)
  • Cat smell (Double definitely not!)
  • Cabinets full of mugs featuring the likeness of lady who looks like those hypertrophically-limbed Daily Candy illustrations, bearing the legend "I Love Shopping" or whatnot (um, I only use plastic)
  • Anything pink (My camera ran out of memory)
  • Ornamental pillows
  • Unedited bookshelves, esp. if they include He's Just Not That Into You or anything along those lines
  • Nair
  • Lite cottage cheese in the fridge (I have light string cheese)
  • Anything lite or diet around. Cases of Diet Coke. Weight Watchers 'Just 2 Points' bars
  • Inspirational or thinspirational things on the fridge (What about near the fridge?)
  • Framed posters (doesn't everyone?)
  • Handbag tree (um, no)



7 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

Handbag tree?? Oh, and when did being single become synonymous with being a freaking CAT LADY?? Puhlease...

Your apartment looks cute. And your cupboards are so clean...how in the hell do you do that?? I'm impressed!

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap. I'm so in. I have all of the same things as you. This is a very entertaining post. I love me some ornamental pillows.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Go Nicole Yourself said...

I can't even begin to respond to this post. You are so funny Lori. So. Funny.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I have a bunch of that stuff laying around in my crib as well... and I'm a "Man".

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Handbag tree?? That sounds fantastic!!

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha haha I have no cats, no handbag tree--but handbag shelves, and my fridge is overflowing... but otherwise ALL OF THE ABOVE as well. lol

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Diana said...

that fridge is SCARY lori. Really scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home