Monday, July 02, 2007

My mother, the superstar

I've written a few times that my mom is a really good cook. Well, now you don't have to just take my word for it - she has been officially selected as one of 12 finalists in a national magazine's annual recipe contest! That's 12 finalists, out of more than 1.7 million subscribers. Slightly freaking fantastic.

The cook-off will take place in August, on the east coast, and you can bet your bottom dollar I will fly out for it. I don't want to give too much away until the magazine posts the information on their website later this month, but I am just so proud of her I can't contain myself.

So, in the meantime, I am just going to book that flight home for Thanksgiving. Any takers?





7 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Go Nicole Yourself said...

Go Momma MacBlogger! I can't wait to hear all about the winning recipe!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

COngrats to McMom!! YAY!! How exciting...it will be a great time to go for a visit. And I agree...I can't wait to hear about the winning recipe! Much luck to her!

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save me a drumstick? Congratulations Mrs. MacBlogger, knock their oven mits off!!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Congratulations to Mommy MacBlogger!!!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh! Neat! What a fun day for me to check your blog again for the first time in forever! Yay! Congrats!!!! And YUM!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Sweet! Congrats to Mom MacBlogger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home