Friday, June 22, 2007

Playing hooky, Golden Girl style

In what must be a nod to Mercury being in retrograde, I came into work this morning to find that my computer was having a meltdown. I could open documents with my touch pad, but none of the buttons on my keyboard worked. I spent an hour on the phone with our tech support, then our admin spent an hour on the phone with Dell, and around noon I finally gave up and decided to work from home for the rest of the day.

I was actually very excited about this plan, as leaving early meant that I could likely escape sitting in the dreaded Friday afternoon traffic; and besides, I was exhausted. Last night I went to see my friend's friend perform at this club in Hollywood. She was supposed to go on at 9:30, but didn't actually start til 10. We left at 10:45, I got home at 11:30, and woke up this morning feeling like my body was stapled to the bed. (Minus any lacerations, but you get the point.) I had ordered an extra large Starbucks before work (thanks again, Noj!) but it only did so much.

So I got home around 1:00, worked for a good two hours, and then around 3:00, the wave of exhaustion washed over me. I suddenly felt incapable of sitting up in my chair. Since I actually had the luxury of taking it easy, I did just that. I crawled into bed in the middle of the afternoon and slept for almost three hours. I woke up to the phone ringing, slightly confused as to where I was. It was that kind of sleep.

I had made tentative plans with a friend of mine tonight, but now I think I am just going to stay in and take it easy. For the first time in three weeks, it seems my body might finally be acting it's age.



2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger The Flying Enchilada said...

You've just described how I felt last night.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

Good for you for taking it easy and listening to your body. Hope it was a relaxed and soothing weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home