Thursday, June 28, 2007

And now for the interactive portion of the blog

I got the following email on Match today:

Did we ever meet? I know we wrote but I think things got too busy? Read up and see if anything rings a bell.

Background: we never wrote. He "winked" at me about a week ago, but I didn't respond because I never respond to winks and state so specifically in my profile. (About 2/3 of the way down, to see if they are still reading. This one clearly wasn't.) (Oh, and I never respond to winks because I view them as the lazy man's escape and if a guy can't make some effort at the beginning, why should I? Grow a pair and write a sentence already.) Anyway.

Do I:

A. Ignore him and not write back

B. Write back with one of those generic let downs ("Thanks, but no thanks!")

C. Write back saying, "Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else" and leave it at that

D. Write back and point out that while I did receive a wink from him, we never corresponded because I, as I wrote in my profile, don't respond to winks (subtext: you arrogant retard)

I have no interest in dating him because, while his picture is attractive, it is a headshot, as are half of the other 20 pictures he has posted. Also, I think he might be an arrogant retard. So I would respond only to have a bit of fun while implying that he can not follow directions nor find his way through a "sent" folder; however I'm really not as much of a bitch as I sound here and would feel slightly bad doing anything besides ignoring it.

What would you do?

Labels:



12 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with Ignore, Delete, and move on guilt free girl.

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone who meets you, knows you're unforgettable, and with your background in Advertising and PR I would reply with a comment like "Your agent called, I told her that we weren't casting the part of dimwitted gigolo in this reality show."

I'm more upset that even in LA you need to participate in personal ads to find romance.

 
At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaahhh, that brought back so many memories of my days (months! years!) on JDate.

I'd go with option D, but that's just how I always operated. That said, it took me a long time to get married, so what do I know?

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger *kb* said...

Oh I'm doing the same thing and I HATE the winks. Like what the hell am I supposed to do!? Totally LAME!!!!!!!!! Ignore him..."have we met?" Like he's that popular and going on that many dates that he can't remember!? Please! Maybe suggest he keep a few folders on his computer, "met" and "not met".

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger AmyB said...

An arrogant retard...man, I couldn't think of a better oxymoron if I tried. tee hee!

I KNOW you aren't mean and this will probably only ask for more drama from this kid, but I honestly think you need to give it to him straight with a big fat option D, because....well, that would be funny as hell and will most likely result in a great follow-up post. Can you really blame me?... ;o)

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Abby, that's probably the right thing to do, but I'm far too tempted to be a smartass with this one.

Noj, you give the best comments. Thanks.

Dawn, if you ARE married, you did something right!

KB - "Like he's that popular and going on that many dates that he can't remember!?"

EXACTLY. And, "Read up?" Are you kidding me? YOU read up. Why should I do all the work. Oh, right, because your profile is utterly fascinating and mine must be rather forgettable since you can't seem to place me.

AmyD - I totally don't blame you. Do you think I'm above doing things just for the sake of good blogging? Absolutely not! I'm all about whoring myself out on Match for good material. Well, not that kind of whoring...

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Dawn. Then again, I'm still single. Perhaps I'm not the best person to answer this question.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it were me, I'd want to go with A, but I WOULD go with D.

heh

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Diana said...

A. you've given him enough of your time already.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Winks suck but I think you should respond with a snarky comment and see what he comes back at you with. Maybe he'll surprise you! All I know is that the only reason I responded to DG is because I was drunk and wasn't my usual discriminating self. So, my advice is to respond (plus, he may learn something by you giving him the heads up on how lame winks are).

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hil, I think we -- one as married, one as single -- chose D because we both have a snarky streak. The best kind of streak, if you ask me. ;-)

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori, I thought I tought you better than that when you were a CIT! Put him IN his place, then just walk away. You dont need to be snarky, you dont need to be mean and you dont need to be with him. You may not know it, but Im watching you, girl.... :)

Wade

 

Post a Comment

<< Home